ASC Circular 2020-026A – Addendum to the Simplification of Material Classification and Standardization of Rates
The ASC is issuing this ADDENDUM Circular to ASC 2020-026 to guide in the implementation of the simplification of material classification.
- For single medium application, please tick off in the S1 application form the type of material to be applied, i.e., TV, radio, digital, etc.
- For materials intended for use across platforms, tick off either MULTI-MEDIA MOVING or MULTI-MEDIA STATIC and then tick off further the types of media to be used within the same type of advertisement.
You have a storyboard which you intend to use on TV and digital. In the S1 application form, you will tick off MULTI-MEDIA MOVING, and under that, tick off TV and digital video.
- It is important that you tick off the relevant media type/s that you will use for your material as the S2 Clearance that you will receive will specify only the medium/media being given approval to implement your material.
In the event that you fail to tick off a media type and later on decide to use an additional medium not ticked off in the original S1 application, then this will merit a re-application of the same material, to include that medium.
|MEDIUM||TYPE OF CLEARANCE|
|DIGITAL (MOVING OR STATIC)||FOR POSTING|
|OOH (MOVING OR STATIC)||FOR DISPLAY|
|COLLATERALS (MOVING OR STATIC)||FOR DISPLAY|
- REMINDERS FOR MOVING MATERIALS:
- Moving material, if this is also intended to be used on TV, should follow the standard length acceptable to KBP.
- Moving material, if this is also intended to be used on digital and will have a caption, should be applied with caption. The approved video can be implemented on TV minus the caption.
- Moving material, if also intended to be used in E-OOH, should be implemented with both VISUAL and AUDIO elements present. Should your E-OOH structure have visual only but without sound facility, you need to apply the OOH separately. Reasons are:
- Without sound, the OOH material is not anymore, the EXACT SAME material as the applied TVC or digital video, and
- There might be some claims in your TV/digital ad which are presented in SUPERS and/or QUALIFIERS that are in the AUDIO. Hence, if you use your TV/digital material in E-OOH without sound, then your claims will be misleading as there are no qualifiers heard.
- If a moving material is applied for multi-media implementation like TV, Digital and e-OOH, the Clearance will reflect one ASC Reference Number and will state Clearance for Airing
for TV, Clearance for Posting for Digital and Clearance for Display for e-OOH.
- REMINDERS FOR STATIC MATERIALS
- Static material, if intended to be used as OOH, as a print ad and/or as a poster with the EXACT/SAME elements but with different layout executions due to medium’s size or orientation, applicant will tick off MULTI-MEDIA STATIC and tick off OOH. Print and Collateral.
- Attach 3 layouts as main document, indicating one layout for OOH, one for print and one for collateral. NOTE: Only a maximum of 5 layouts with EXACT/SAME elements but laid out differently because of the medium’s size/orientation is allowed per application.
- In the above example, the Clearance will reflect one ASC Reference Number and will state Clearance For Display for the OOH and collateral and Clearance for Publication for print ad.
For your Guidance