Documentation of Screening Decisions
Section 10. Documentation of Screening Decisions
An approval is exclusive to the material that has been given an Approval for Production, or Clearance for Airing/ Publication/ Display/ Posting. Any revision or alteration on the ad must be re-applied for screening.
- Approval at Screening Level (3-Man Screening Panel)
This is the formal stamp of approval duly signed by the Professional Screener or by the Presiding Chairman (“PC”) of the 3-Man Screening Panel, reflecting the decision/s affecting the material in the comment sheet. The storyboard/script/layout with the stamp of approval shall be issued to the applicant.
- Validity of Approval for Production
The validity of the Approval for Production is for one (1) year. Clearance for Airing/ Publication/ Display/ Posting must be applied for within this period of validity. Beyond the validity period, the ads shall be re-applied for a new Approval for Production with the corresponding fees. Since the approval for the ad is no longer valid, the content of the re-applied ad material may be questioned again and treated as a new material. The Presenter should be ready with the documentations, e.g., CPR/CPN, 3rd party data, certification, etc., as appropriate.
- Clearance for Airing/ Publication/ Display/ Posting
Clearance for Airing/ Publication/ Display/ Posting is issued by the Professional Screener for materials approved in the final and produced form.
The audio of any approved TVC cannot be automatically used as a radio advertising material, print, OOH, merchandising, or digital materials copy without approval of, and Clearance for Airing/ Publication/ Display/ Posting from the ASC. If audio of approved TVC will be used in other forms of media, application for production is necessary.
NOTE: Placement/ Display/ Posting of print ads, collaterals, OOH, and digital materials without the final Clearance for Publication/ Display/ Post, despite being given the Approved for Production is tantamount to Publication/ Display/ Posting without the proper ASC clearance and shall result in the imposition of penalty.
Airing/ Publication / Display / Posting of altered or revised material shall also result in the imposition of penalty.
All media companies shall strictly follow a “No ASC Clearance for Airing, No Airing/ No Publication/ No Display /No Posting” policy.
- Validity of Clearance for Airing/ Publication/ Display/ Posting
In general, Clearance for Airing/ Publication/ Display/ Posting is valid for one (1) year from the date of approval of the storyboard/script/layout. However, validity of Clearance for Airing/ Publication/ Display/ Posting depends on the documents submitted as supporting data, such as validity of CPR, promo permits, etc., whichever is earlier.
For materials with specific claims, the validity is as follows:
- With “No. 1/ Leadership” claim: One (1) year from the date of the validity of the substantiation unless shorter period is required by certain industry and/or a valid updated information refuting the ranking claim is submitted at any time within the validity period.
- With “New”, “Improved”, or similar claim: One (1) year from the date the product was launched/ pipelined in the market.
- With “vs. Old/Previous Formulation” is allowed until change in product formulation is made