Materials Not Covered by the ASC Code of Ethics and Manual of Procedures
The following materials are not covered by the ASC rules:
- Political advertisements whose central focus is the marketing of ideas, attitudes, and concerns about public issues, including political concepts and political The essential task of political advertising is to gain the confidence of the people for their acceptance of ideas and, in the case of political campaign advertising, to influence their vote.
- Advertising materials from religious organizations, except concerts, shows, special events that are not directly related to the organization’s essence, objectives, or main function or supported with a brand, product, or
- Emergency public service announcements and public service advertising materials of utility companies, e., water & electricity shortage announcements. However, corporate and other image-building ads of these utility companies shall be subject to the rules of the ASC.
- National and line agencies’ and local government’s advertising materials coursed through the Philippine Information Agency (PIA)
- Movie trailers, station, and network merchandising plugs
- Non-profit organizations or associations, NGOs, and foundations (without brand/sponsors), e.g., UN and its affiliate organizations, World Bank, Asian Development Bank
Once the above-mentioned advertising materials are supported by an Advertiser and the Advertiser’s brand is featured, the materials are considered branded ads and need to be cleared with ASC.