ASC Circular 2018-005 – STANDARD RADIO COMMERCIAL LENGTHS
As per KBP letter to ASC dated 6 March 2018, current standard commercial lengths for radio ads observed by KBP and by the broadcast industry are as follows: 15s, 30, 45, and 60s. KBP is requesting for ASC’s assistance in ensuring that its set commercial length standards are followed in the latter’s review and approval of radio ad applications.
In line with this, effective April 16, 2018:
- All S1 radio applications MUST follow the KBP standard radio commercial lengths, i.e., 15s, 30s, 45s and 60s.
- The radio material MUST INCLUDE government mandatory statements within said time frame, delivered in a clear, audible, and unhurried manner, such as but not limited to:
- “Breastmilk is best for babies up to two years of age. “
- “The use of milk supplements must only be upon the advice of a health professional.”
- “The unnecessary and improper use of this product may be dangerous to your child’s health.”
- “This product is not intended for babies 6 months of age and below”.
- “If symptoms persist, consult your doctor”.
- “MAHALAGANG PAALALA: ANG (Name of Product) AY HINDI GAMOT AT HINDI DAPAT GAMITING PANGGAMOT SA ANUMANG URI NG SAKIT.”
- “Drink Responsibly.”
- “Promo period and “Per DTI FTEB promo permit no. …”
- “Promo period and “Per DOH-FDA promo permit no. …”
- “Keep it fun. Game responsibly.”
- “Regulated by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas.”
- S2 final radio materials SHOULD not exceed the commercial length applied for in S1; otherwise, this will be automatically DISAPPROVED
- Likewise, S2 radio materials with hurried delivery of government mandatory statements, making these unclear and inaudible, will be DISAPPROVED.
For your guidance and compliance.